Connect with us

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool injury latest: Expected return dates for Trent Alexander-Arnold, Bobby Firmino, Luis Diaz, Diogo jota & more

Published

on

Liverpool injury latest: Expected return dates for Trent Alexander-Arnold, Bobby Firmino, Luis Diaz, Diogo jota & more 1 Sportelo

Liverpool injury latest: Expected return dates for Trent Alexander-Arnold, Bobby Firmino, Luis Diaz, Diogo jota & more

Fans will hope to see a change in this reality as the remainder of the 2022–23 season continues. Liverpool’s luck with injuries has been found to be lacking in significant portions of the current campaign.

Although it appears that a new virus that is sweeping England has made the club’s problems following the World Cup worse, as usual, muscular concerns take center stage in the most recent injury update.

James Milner – ‘out for a couple of games’

Following Argentina’s victory in Qatar, James Milner was the first Red to suffer an injury in the team’s initial competitive match.

Also READ  "Unbelievably strong" - (watch) Liverpool may have identified the next Luis Díaz as Jurgen Klopp backs the youngster to shine at Anfield

The Englishman’s hamstring problem, which the midfielder initially didn’t consider to be a severe concern, forced him from the field of play.

However, the situation has been addressed following Jurgen Klopp’s statement prior to a Boxing Day trip to Villa Park.

“Millie didn’t get better since then – he will be out for a couple of games,” the German told reporters (as quoted by liverpoolfc.com).

Liverpool Carabao Cup holders Liverpool were dumped out of the competition following a 3-2 defeat to Manchester City at the Etihad

Trent Alexander-Arnold – ‘not part of the full session’

One of the unlucky victims of the injury was Trent Alexander-Arnold, who might now be ruled out of our match against Unai Emery’s team on the right side in the coming days.

Liverpool injury latest: Expected return dates for Trent Alexander-Arnold, Bobby Firmino, Luis Diaz, Diogo jota & more 2 Sportelo

Trent Alexander Arnold (Getty images)

“Trent hopefully will be better; he was not part of the full session but of parts, let’s see how that develops until tomorrow. That’s it,” the former Mainz boss spoke ahead of our Boxing Day clash with Aston Villa (via liverpoolfc.com).

Bobby Firmino – ‘will look day by day with him’

Also READ  Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp tells the reds to stay “annoying” with “final after final” ahead

Bobby Firmino was sadly ruled out of the 3-2 defeat in Manchester thanks to a minor calf injury Liverpool didn’t feel comfortable risking aggravating on the day.

“Millie didn’t get better since then – he will be out for a couple of games. Same for Bobby,” Klopp revealed in his pre-match presser (via liverpoolfc.com).

“Bobby, it’s like this, he is already on the better side of it, even when it is only a few days ago, but it’s not a major thing, so we will look day by day with him.”

It now seems the issue will extend into the new year, leaving fans waiting until potentially January 2 for our meeting with Brentford to catch our next look at the Brazil international.

Diogo Jota – ‘beginning or early February’

A long-term injury to Diogo Jota left our options looking a little bare up top – an issue that has put another spotlight on Darwin Nunez and the Uruguayan’s contributions in his teammates’ absences.

“As far as we know he’s pretty much where he’s expected to be. He did go to Dubai,” Ben Dinnery told his YouTube channel (via This Is Futbol).

Also READ  Liverpool suffers another injury blow ahead of Carabao Cup final against Chelsea

“As part of our warm weather training camp. However, he was working on an individualised programme or just keeping them involved in the process.

“We’re probably looking at the beginning or early February in terms of the Portuguese international coming back in contention.”

Hopefully, no further complications will arise ahead of an important month of fixtures including, most notably, our Champions League Round of 16 clash with holders Real Madrid.

Luis Diaz – the Dubai setback

During Liverpool’s warm-weather training camp in Dubai, Luis Diaz tragically experienced an injury setback that will now probably keep him out of play until March.

Despite the blow to our ambitions for the second half of the season, Pep Lijnders seemed upbeat about the loss at his pre-match press conference for our Carabao Cup loss to Manchester City (reported in a tweet by James Pearce).

In other news, Revealed: Jurgen Klopp ‘daily phone call’ as Liverpool set to seal Enzo Fernandez deal

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool set to plot ‘£24m’ transfer of ideal Mohamed Salah heir perfect for Jürgen Klopp

Published

on

Darwin Nunez, Mo Salah and Firmino

Liverpool set to plot ‘£24m’ transfer of ideal Mohamed Salah heir perfect for Jürgen Klopp

Mohamed Salah, who is showing signs of becoming the perfect player for Jürgen Klopp’s style, should be replaced at some point, thus Liverpool should keep an eye out for a prospective replacement.

Liverpool will eventually need to identify a suitable successor for Mohamed Salah or even a back-up plan while the Egyptian plays out his golden years.

Salah has been a key component of Liverpool’s success in recent years, but he is only human and will eventually start to tire from being effectively the only right-winger at Anfield.

Liverpool set to plot '£24m' transfer of ideal Mohamed Salah heir perfect for Jürgen Klopp 13 Sportelo

Olise(Getty images)

Yes, Cody Gakpo and Harvey Elliott both have the ability to fill in for those roles in the future.

Also READ  "They have snuck up on us" - Steve Nicol speaks on Liverpool's chances of winning quadruple this season

But the location of their permanent fixtures in this Liverpool team is still up in the air.

That’s why Liverpool should be thinking about bringing someone in, perhaps not in the summer but maybe next January, when Salah will be entering the final 18 months of his current contract, and also turning 32 years old during that year.

In that position, Liverpool should think about bringing in a right-winger, who is relatively young, soon to be hitting his prime, and who could provide cover for Salah while gradually progressing to take over the reins from the Egyptian.

One such player who would be an ideal profile for Liverpool is Michael Olise, who Transfermarkt values at $24m (£20m/€22m).

The 21-year-old Crystal Palace winger has adjusted well to life in the Premier League after signing for the club last season. Last season, he made 12 goal contributions in just 1564 minutes, averaging 0.70 goal contributions per 90.

Also READ  Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp tells the reds to stay “annoying” with “final after final” ahead

This season, Olise’s numbers may not be as glittering having made just six goal contributions in the Premier League, but that’s still the second highest at Crystal Palace, and given the context that Palace has scored just 18 goals in the Premier League in total — the sixth-fewest in the league — it’s still not a bad return.

Olise’s numbers when it comes to his offensive contributions are still pretty impressive as well.

For example, he ranks among the top five most prolific dribbles in the league as per Wyscout, averaging 7.59 dribbles per 90, and he wins 54.55 per cent of them which is the third-highest success rate among the top five.

Also READ  Jurgen Klopp says Former Reds Boss Brendan Rodgers signed an ‘Incredible’Player for Liverpool

He ranks 11th for expected assists as well averaging 0.25 per 90, and in the context of Palace’s offensive bluntness, these are not bad numbers.

In other news, Liverpool ready to sell duo as they eye new signing in key position

Continue Reading

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool told it will be ‘impossible’ to sign Jude Bellingham in the summer if….

Published

on

Jude Bellingham

Liverpool told it will be ‘impossible’ to sign Jude Bellingham in the summer if….

Liverpool have been warned their chances of signing Jude Bellingham this summer are diminishing.

The Reds have been heavily linked with Jude Bellingham, who has shined at Borussia Dortmund since his move from Birmingham in 2020.

Liverpool’s midfield options have struggled this season and Bellingham has been identified as their top target.

Also READ   “He doesn’t defend always good” - Watch Jurgen Klopp speak on Alexander-Arnold’s defending

However, with Jurgen Klopp’s side currently at risk of missing out of the Champions League football next season, former Aston Villa striker Agbonlahor feels their pursuit could be hindered.

Speaking to a Liverpool fan on talkSPORT, Agbonlahor said: “I think the problem, Paul, is you’ve been linked with Bellingham and Liverpool fans want Bellingham in.

“But he’s not even going to look twice at coming to Liverpool.

“He’s going to choose Manchester City, Real Madrid, all the other teams if you’re not playing in the big competitions.”

Jude Bellingham

Liverpool is keen on signing Jude Bellingham (Getty Images)

When asked if Liverpool could sign him even if they don’t finish in the top four, but Agbonlahor said “Impossible, impossible.”

Liverpool have now gone four Premier League games without a win following their 3-0 defeat away at Wolves.

Also READ  "I don't hope so" - Watch Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp takes final decision as 'Juventus make new Roberto Firmino bid'

Klopp was unable to explain what happened in the opening 15 minutes of the match, which saw the Reds go 2-0 down.

Champions League football next season now seems to be a distant prospect for them, and it could affect their chances of signing one of football’s brightest prospects.

Liverpool now sits 11 points outside the top four, with fourth-place Newcastle earning a point on Saturday, and 10 behind fifth-placed Tottenham.

JudeTheir next two games are against Everton and Newcastle, followed by a return to Champions League action against Real Madrid on February 21.

In other news, Liverpool ready to sell duo as they eye new signing in key position

 

Share
Also READ  Liverpool confirms 4 of their fixtures have been rescheduled for live Tv. coverage

Continue Reading

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool ready to sell duo as they eye new signing in key position

Published

on

Joel Matip and Virgil van Dijk

Liverpool ready to sell duo as they eye new signing in key position

According to reports, Liverpool is prepared to allow Nat Phillips and Joel Matip depart during the summer transfer window, with the goal of bringing in a new senior center-back.

Also READ  "No Heart attack': Klopp break silence on reported Liverpool sale by FSG

It’s been a trying season at Anfield, and it seems obvious that significant changes are required. Matip is no longer looking his best, and he looked especially bad in yesterday’s 3-0 loss to Wolves.

The former Cameroon international has served Liverpool well for a number of years, but Football Insider now claims that they’ll be prepared to consider offers for him in the summer since they have a replacement on their minds.

Liverpool ready to sell duo as they eye new signing in key position 14 Sportelo

Joel Matip (Getty images)

Philips is an additional defender. Given his recent lack of playing time, Liverpool must unload him, although it is still unclear.

Despite having had outstanding careers at the club for such a long time, Liverpool has a number of other players who currently appear to be past their prime.

Also READ  Liverpool suffers another injury blow ahead of Carabao Cup final against Chelsea

This summer, it might be worth a substantial makeover in a number of positions because players like Mohamed Salah, Fabinho, and Jordan Henderson don’t appear to be as productive as they once were.

In other news, (Video) Bruno Fernandes gives Man United the lead vs Crystal Palace

Share
Also READ  "Unbelievably strong" - (watch) Liverpool may have identified the next Luis Díaz as Jurgen Klopp backs the youngster to shine at Anfield

Continue Reading

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool Transfer: £35m star now has agreement to move in the summer

Published

on

Sofyan Amrabat

Liverpool Transfer: £35m star now has agreement to move in the summer

A deal between Fiorentina and Sofyan Amrabat has been reached to make a transfer this summer possible. The two teams with the best chances of landing the Moroccan midfielder are Barcelona and Liverpool.

According to Calciomercato, Amrabat’s transfer is being pursued by Barcelona and Liverpool in particular.

The clubs in the Premier League and La Liga are willing to compete to sign the 26-year-old. But he was interested in the idea of possibly moving to Camp Nou in January.

Liverpool Transfer: £35m star now has agreement to move in the summer 15 Sportelo

Sofyan Amrabat (Getty images)

On the final day to sign players, Barcelona made a significant effort to sign Amrabat from his Serie A team. Although they just requested a credit agreement, the Catalan giants were unable to win over Rocco Commisso, the president of Viola. The leaders of Camp Nou sought a temporary arrangement with a buyout clause.

Also READ  Liverpool suffers another injury blow ahead of Carabao Cup final against Chelsea

Barcelona’s bid was flatly rejected by Fiorentina, but their pursuit created issues at the Stadio Artemio Franchi. Amrabat was enthralled by the prospect of playing at Camp Nou and persuaded I Viola to accept the offer.

Additionally, Commisso’s agent pushed for the trade, but Commisso refused.

Instead, Amrabat and general manager Joe Barone came to an understanding that Fiorentina will take his transfer from June into consideration.

I Viola will rely on Barone’s word as he did not put the commitment in writing. Yet it was sufficient to convince Amrabat to remain this season.

Amrabat has also apologised to his Fiorentina teammates and manager, Vincenzo Italiano, for pushing Commisso and Barone to accept Barcelona’s offer for his January transfer, per Sport Mediaset. His actions proved enough to remove any tensions among the Viola camp.

Amrabat Fiorentina transfer Liverpool

Also READ   “He doesn’t defend always good” - Watch Jurgen Klopp speak on Alexander-Arnold’s defending

Further, Sport Mediaset added that Barcelona’s bid included a €35m (£31m) option to buy.

Add-ons could have taken the ultimate price of Amrabat’s transfer up to €40m (£35m). But it was not enough to get Commisso and Barone to let the Moroccan leave on deadline day.

Now, Barcelona must battle Liverpool for Amrabat’s transfer from Fiorentina at the end of the season.

Yet the both face a far easier route to a deal if Barone sticks to his word. Even if I Viola extend Amrabat’s contract, as Corriere Fiorentino reported in December is likely.

Amrabat’s current contract is set to expire in June 2024 but it includes an option to extend by 12 months.

Also READ  Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp tells the reds to stay “annoying” with “final after final” ahead

Fiorentina plan to activate the clause following his impressive efforts at the World Cup, during which Roy Keane called him ‘outstanding’ after reaching the semi-finals by.

In other news, (Video) Bruno Fernandes gives Man United the lead vs Crystal Palace

Continue Reading

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing 22-year-old Japanese winger from LASK

Published

on

Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing 22-year-old Japanese winger from LASK 16 Sportelo

Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing 22-year-old Japanese winger from LASK

At the end of the current campaign, Liverpool are considering a move for LASK winger Keito Nakamura, who is 22 years old.

With 11 goals and six assists in all competitions this season, the Japanese attacker has been in fantastic form.

Without a question, Liverpool’s attacking unit requires more talent and depth. Additionally, Nakamura might prove to be a valuable addition for the Reds.

Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing 22-year-old Japanese winger from LASK 17 Sportelo

Keito Nakamura (Getty images)

Liverpool has had issues in the wide areas, particularly as a result of Diogo Jota and Luis Diaz’s injuries.

Also READ  Jurgen klopp gives the injury update on Liverpool's Trent Alexander Arnold

Aside from Mohamed Salah and Diaz, the Reds are missing in wide players with natural width. Jurgen Klopp may have made the right choice by signing the Japanese winger for the upcoming campaign.

The gifted youngster has also been connected to other European teams. It will also be intriguing to watch where he ultimately goes.

The prospect of signing with a team like Liverpool may be alluring to the 22-year-old.

Additionally, a transfer to the Premier League would allow him to demonstrate his abilities at a higher level. Nakamura’s development might be significantly aided by Klopp, who has a track record of developing young players.

In addition, due to their comparable playing styles, the 22-year-old has been compared to Brighton & Hove Albion winger Kaoru Mitoma.

Also READ  "They have snuck up on us" - Steve Nicol speaks on Liverpool's chances of winning quadruple this season

The Brighton forward has received praise this year for his superb dribbling abilities and capacity to go past defenses.

Liverpool could certainly use someone like that in their attacking unit. They have been linked with Federico Chiesa as well. It will be interesting to see if Liverpool decide to follow up on their interest with a concrete offer for the Japanese forward at the end of the season.

LASK will look to demand a premium for their prized asset. So Liverpool will have to shell out a substantial amount of money to sign him.

The 22-year-old has a contract with LASK until the summer of 2025, and the Austrian outfit are under no pressure to cash in on him just yet.

Also READ  "Unbelievably strong" - (watch) Liverpool may have identified the next Luis Díaz as Jurgen Klopp backs the youngster to shine at Anfield

In other news, Liverpool add 3 players to Champions League squad as summer signings removed ahead of Real Madrid clash

Continue Reading

Trending