Connect with us

Latest Transfer news

“My life was always a challenge” – Watch Sadio mane recalls the first time he asked Jurgen Klopp to leave Liverpool as he reveals major reasons for his Bayern Munich decision

Published

on

"My life was always a challenge" - Watch Sadio mane recalls the first time he asked Jurgen Klopp to leave Liverpool as he reveals major reasons for his Bayern Munich decision 1 Sportelo

“My life was always a challenge” – Watch Sadio mane recalls the first time he asked Jurgen Klopp to leave Liverpool as he reveals major reasons for his Bayern Munich decision

This summer, Sadio Mane left Liverpool for the German champions.

Senegalese forward won everything available during his six years with Liverpool.

He claims that leaving Merseyside for Bayern this summer was the right choice. Sadio Mane has disclosed that a year ago, he asked to leave Liverpool.

After a successful six-year tenure at the club, the Senegalese forward, who transferred from Southampton to the club in 2016, left Merseyside this summer for Bayern Munich.

"My life was always a challenge" - Watch Sadio mane recalls the first time he asked Jurgen Klopp to leave Liverpool as he reveals major reasons for his Bayern Munich decision 2 Sportelo

Sadio Mane (photo by Getty images)

Mane had a crucial role in the Reds winning nearly every trophy available during his stint at the club, scoring 120 goals in 269 games.

Also READ  Reports; Paulo Dybala Liverpool transfer stance revealed.

Sadio Mane said he felt he had made the right decision in joining Bayern Munich this summer

‘I just wanted a new challenge’ says Mane as he leaves Liverpool”.

Speaking to BBC Sport Africa, Mane said that his life had always been a challenge and as such he was an individual who to challenge himself continuously.

‘It was last year I took my decision to leave because I need a new challenge in my life, Mane said.

‘For me, it was the right time. I spoke with the coach [Jurgen Klopp] one year ago and talked to him about my desire to leave.

‘If you see my story, I came from a small town – my life was always a challenge, so I want to challenge myself all the time.’

Also READ  "Ready to do business"- Liverpool told to come get star midfielder in January transfer market

The Bayern Munich forward was awarded with the CAF mens Player of the year 2022 on Thursday.

Regarding his stay on Merseyside, the Senegalese described it as a ‘wonderful’ period of his life but that he felt the time was right to leave.

‘I spent eight years in the Premier League, and of course I spent six wonderful years with Liverpool and I can say we won almost everything possible,’ he said.

‘It was not an easy decision but in life, you have to sometimes take decisions and so far I think it’s the best decision I have taken in my career,’ he added.

‘I’m today at one of the best clubs in the world and I’m really, really happy to be at Bayern Munich and very excited to start this season.’

Also READ  Predicted Liverpool XI vs West Ham: Confirmed team news, predicted lineup, injury news

Bayern Munich has won every league championship since Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund last did so in 2011–12 when Mane joins the team.

Mane will be expected to bring with him the kind of form that made him one of the Premier League’s top performers during his time at Anfield, despite some unrest earlier this summer over Robert Lewandowski’s exit.

In other news, Jurgen Klopp gives two conditions that would make Liverpool sign more players

Latest Transfer news

Jurgen Klopp gives verdict on Liverpool transfer target Moises Caicedo as Arsenal bid is rejected

Published

on

Jurgen Klopp gives verdict on Liverpool transfer target Moises Caicedo as Arsenal bid is rejected 13 Sportelo

Jurgen Klopp gives verdict on Liverpool transfer target Moises Caicedo as Arsenal bid is rejected

Moises Caicedo has attracted the attention of Chelsea and Arsenal this month and has an opportunity to impress against Liverpool in the FA Cup fourth round.

Prior to Liverpool’s matchup with Brighton, Jurgen Klopp talked about Moises Caicedo. Ahead of the fourth round of the FA Cup, the Reds will host the Seagulls at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

Caicedo, 21, will be eager to perform well while being watched after being recently widely linked with moves to Chelsea and Arsenal. According to reports, the Gunners’ £60 million bid for the midfielder was turned down.

According to reports, Brighton are apparently unwilling to sell Caicedo this month since Roberto De Zerbi’s team wants to qualify for a European competition this year.

Also READ  "Ready to do business"- Liverpool told to come get star midfielder in January transfer market

The Seagulls’ claimed attempt for RB Leipzig player Amadou Haidara was turned down, thus it appears unlikely that Edu will be able to complete the deal unless they can recruit a substitute for the Ecuadorian international.

But, Arsenal are not the only horse in the race. Sportelo also understands that Chelsea are expected to persevere in their mission to sign Caicedo before the transfer deadline in a few days time. As it stands, it’s said that Brighton have given the midfielder a price tag north of £75million.

With neither the Blues nor the Gunners yet to meet the Seagulls’ asking price, Caicedo has the perfect chance to prove his worth against Liverpool on Sunday. And, Klopp has high expectations.

Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo has impressed following his introduction to the Premier League and has been linked with Liverpool

Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo has impressed following his introduction to the Premier League and has been linked with Liverpool

As quoted by Liverpool’s official YouTube channel, the German boss said: “Against Brighton especially its massively important to defend the first line.

They are that good, with Caicedo and MacAllister, the two centre-halves calm-like, the goalie, really calm. So, they just pass the ball through it if the front three is not defending well, and that was our problem against Brighton [two weeks ago].”

Also READ  Paul Scholes heaps praises on Liverpool star for 'setting the standards' on and off pitch

With plenty of circulation regarding Caicedo’s future, Roberto de Zerbi has declared that he wants his star man until the end of the season. The Brighton boss said: “He [Caicedo] is a good guy – he is focused on Brighton.

“I hope he can stay with us until the end of the season. In my opinion that is the best solution for us. I can understand other big teams want Caicedo, Mac Allister, Mitoma, and March

” I spoke with him on Wednesday and I told him my opinion. It is always difficult to change during the season. For our way, it is important for him to stay a few more months.”

Also READ  (Video); watch FSG reveals new plans to upgrade midfield as Liverpool midfield maestro is linked with swap deal for Juventus superstar

In other news, Former Liverpool star made thoughts clear on a return to Anfield before leaving Man City

 

Continue Reading

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool Recieve transfer boost for Barcelona wonderkid ‘set to leave for free’, who Jurgen Klopp is eager to sign

Published

on

Liverpool Recieve transfer boost for Barcelona wonderkid 'set to leave for free', who Jurgen Klopp is eager to sign 14 Sportelo

Liverpool Recieve transfer boost for Barcelona wonderkid ‘set to leave for free’, who Jurgen Klopp is eager to sign

Barcelona star could leave the club on a free transfer, which is news that will put Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp on red alert.

The Reds are in severe need of new players as they sit ninth in the Premier League, 21 points behind league leaders Arsenal.

The team’s starting midfield has struggled, and fringe players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita are anticipated to go in the summer when their contracts expire.

Liverpool Recieve transfer boost for Barcelona wonderkid 'set to leave for free', who Jurgen Klopp is eager to sign 15 Sportelo

Gavi (Getty images)

Liverpool, on the other hand, has been searching the market for new players. Jude Bellingham and Enzo Fernandez, two of the most sought-after midfielders in the world of football, have recently been connected to Jurgen Klopp’s team.

Also READ  Reports; Paulo Dybala Liverpool transfer stance revealed.

Gavi’s shaky Barcelona contract, though, makes it possible that the Reds will try to sign the 18-year-old in the summer for a pittance or the following year for nothing.

Gavi to leave Barcelona?

Gavi, one of Barcelona’s most prized assets, could leave the Catalan giants for free in 2024 if the club fail to register the player’s contract.

The Spain international starred for Barcelona in a 1-0 Copa del Rey victory over Real Sociedad on Wednesday evening.

However, hours before kick off the teenager made headlines as news broke that La Liga had refused Barcelona’s attempts to register the player’s contract.

This is due to the club’s failure to navigate Financial Fair Play rules.

Also READ  "You don't have to be worried" - watch Liverpool boss optimistic for his new side as he dismisses Sadio Mane transfer concerns

Last September, Gavi signed a new contract with Barcelona that lasts through 2026 and has a staggering £880 million release clause.

Barcelona might lose their starlet for nothing in 2024, when his previous contract was set to expire, if the new agreement cannot be registered.

Ronald Araujo, a highly regarded central defender, also signed a new contract in 2022, thus the same circumstances apply to him.

Liverpool, who reportedly wanted to sign Gavi last summer, is probably aware of the circumstances the young player is in right now.

At the time, the Spanish daily Nacional reported that Klopp had “had asked the board to start talks” over a contract for the player and had “been infatuated” with Gavi.

Also READ  Predicted Liverpool XI vs West Ham: Confirmed team news, predicted lineup, injury news

In other news, Liverpool set to submit massive offer to sign £75,000-a-week star before deadline

Continue Reading

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool transfer: Enzo Fernandez and Bellingham contact made as Chelsea plan Nunes hijack

Published

on

Liverpool transfer: Enzo Fernandez and Bellingham contact made as Chelsea plan Nunes hijack 16 Sportelo

Liverpool transfer: Enzo Fernandez and Bellingham contact made as Chelsea plan Nunes hijack

Liverpool have been one of the quietest clubs in the January transfer window, having completed just one signing but contact has been made for Jude Bellingham and Enzo Fernandez

This month, Jurgen Klopp might be prepared to make a few more acquisitions.

Just a few days remain until the transfer market closes, and Liverpool may yet be prepared to make other moves.

Liverpool transfer: Enzo Fernandez and Bellingham contact made as Chelsea plan Nunes hijack 17 Sportelo

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp(Getty images)

 

Also READ  Paul Scholes heaps praises on Liverpool star for 'setting the standards' on and off pitch

So far this month, the Reds have only brought Cody Gakpo to Anfield in a deal estimated to be for £45 million.

Jurgen Klopp acted quickly to sabotage Manchester United’s potential approach for the Dutch international after Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota suffered injuries.

Amid the Reds’ troubles in that area, there has been considerable discussion about the necessity to sign a midfielder in January.

But despite links with Enzo Fernandez, Moises Caicedo and Jude Bellingham, the Reds haven’t been able to sign one of those yet.

Liverpool held contact with Benfica and Dortmund

Liverpool have reportedly held talks with both Benfica and Borussia Dortmund over potentially signing Enzo Fernandez and Jude Bellingham this month.

The Reds have been linked with moves for Fernandez and Bellingham in the January transfer window as Jurgen Klopp tries to bolster his midfield options. However, with time ticking down until deadline day, it is looking increasingly unlikely that the Reds will be able to get a deal over the line before January 31.

It is understood the Reds have been working hard behind the scenes to sign a midfielder – and it has been revealed they held negotiations with Benfica and Dortmund for those two players.

Also READ  "You don't have to be worried" - watch Liverpool boss optimistic for his new side as he dismisses Sadio Mane transfer concerns

Speaking to Empire of the Kop, Anas Bakhkhar from Foot Mercato said:

“Just to remind everyone, there was a positive meeting during the World Cup between Amrabat’s entourage and Liverpool but unfortunately, his agent thought that Liverpool were linked with a lot of midfielders during this transfer window – like Jude Bellingham and Enzo Fernandez and Liverpool were having discussions with Borussia Dortmund and Benfica.”

Chelsea plan Nunes hijack

Chelsea plans to upset another member of the so-called “Big Six” by entering the competition to recruit Matheus Nunes, a midfielder for Wolves.

The 24-year-old Portugal international cannot leave Molineux in January because he has already played for two clubs this year. However, Liverpool has shortlisted him for a transfer. Before joining Wolves for £38 million in August of last year, Nunes played in two games for his previous club Sporting Lisbon.

Also READ  Reports; Paulo Dybala Liverpool transfer stance revealed.

According to the Daily Mail, Chelsea is interested in Nunes and may compete with Liverpool for his services this summer. Both teams are trying to strengthen their respective squads since they are both fourth in the Premier League, 10 points behind Manchester United.

Jurgen Klopp has admitted Liverpool do not have a budget that can challenge the Premier League’s richest sides, including Chelsea.

The Blues have been the biggest spenders in Europe since Boehly’s takeover last summer, investing more than £400m in players.

In other news, Liverpool set to submit massive offer to sign £75,000-a-week star before deadline

Continue Reading

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool set to submit massive offer to sign £75,000-a-week star before deadline

Published

on

Liverpool set to submit massive offer to sign £75,000-a-week star before deadline 18 Sportelo

Liverpool set to submit massive offer to sign £75,000-a-week star before deadline

Liverpool have been linked with England international and Chelsea star Mason Mount and reports suggest that they can present a bid a to sign him this month.

Also READ  "I love Liverpool" - Sadio Mane reacts as Bayern Munich hint they could give up on his transfer in new message to Liverpool

The Three Lions offensive midfielder, who makes £75,000 a week at Chelsea, is available to be signed by the Reds in the summer, according to information published last week by The Guardian.

Liverpool set to submit massive offer to sign £75,000-a-week star before deadline 19 Sportelo

Mason Mount(Getty images)

Recent reports from the Spanish outlet Nacional claim that Liverpool can make a firm approach to acquire Mount during the January transfer window.

The 24-year-old star’s current contract at Stamford Bridge expires in 2024, and the Blues have so far been unable to reach an agreement with him on new terms.

According to the Catalan media site, the Merseysiders can make use of the contract standoff and possibly try to hire him before the transfer market closes the following week.

Also READ  Predicted Liverpool XI vs West Ham: Confirmed team news, predicted lineup, injury news

In the UEFA Champions League matchup that will take place against the defending champions of Europe, Real Madrid, Liverpool is currently in first place.

Key offensive players like Firmino, Jota and Diaz are out injured, on the other hand, the first choice midfield players have been out of form this season.

In such a scenario, a flexible player like Mason Mount, who can effectively play in the midfield and the attack would be a quality addition.

It must be recalled that the 2022 World Cup star scored a goal against Madrid (SF) during the 2021 CL winning season.

Furthermore, he directly assisted in two goals last season against the Los Blancos (QF), which ultimately led to the team winning the competition.

Also READ  Liverpool plot unique offer to edge ahead in race to sign £124m star

Liverpool was eliminated in the quarterfinals and lost to Real Madrid in the championship game in the previous two seasons.

In other news, Liverpool star not happy; with Klopp as he  considers leaving Anfield

Continue Reading

Latest Transfer news

Liverpool transfer; Fabrizio Romano drops major Liverpool January transfer window claim after midfielder links emerge

Published

on

Liverpool transfer; Fabrizio Romano drops major Liverpool January transfer window claim after midfielder links emerge 20 Sportelo

Liverpool transfer; Fabrizio Romano drops major Liverpool January transfer window claim after midfielder links emerge

Despite rumors that Brighton and Hove Albion are interested in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Liverpool is not planning to let any of their current midfielders depart during the winter transfer window.

Also READ  Paul Scholes heaps praises on Liverpool star for 'setting the standards' on and off pitch

Fabrizio Romano provided this information in his most recent FREE column for CaughtOffside, as the Reds are unlikely to make any changes of their own before the summer.

“Despite Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain being linked as a target for Brighton, I don’t think Liverpool will let any midfielder leave in January… let’s see what happens in the summer,” the Italian wrote.

Liverpool transfer; Fabrizio Romano drops major Liverpool January transfer window claim after midfielder links emerge 21 Sportelo

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Getty images)

“Besides, for now Brighton’s priority is a new centre-back.”

Three alternatives for midfield have contracts that are set to expire this year, including the former Arsenal star, and it is anticipated that at least two of them would leave.

This presents us with a dilemma in the summer, depending on our financial situation: do we spend a lot of money on one top player (in this case, Jude Bellingham), at the risk of passing up the chance to bolster the squad with more players?

Also READ  Reports; Paulo Dybala Liverpool transfer stance revealed.

Even though, there are nuances to the issue to take into account, as the development of teen Stefan Bajcetic requires the coaching and recruitment team to think about signings that won’t impede his progress.

In other news, Liverpool target set to be offered club-record deal as contract talks disclosed

Share
Also READ  "I love Liverpool" - Sadio Mane reacts as Bayern Munich hint they could give up on his transfer in new message to Liverpool

Continue Reading

Trending