Xavi Hernandez decision to return to Barcelona have been put on hold after signing a one-year contract extension with Al-said.
The Spaniard since the appointed permanent head coach has led Al-sadd in the Qatars All-stars league to two trophies after playing four seasons with them since 2015 and hanging up his boots since May of last year.
The 40-year-old has been touted as the next coach of Barcelona as the Catalans try to rediscover the spark of new dawn under the likes of Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique.
Xavi recently admitted the ambitions to coach Barca in the nearest future and has been said to replace Quique Setien if he fails to deliver the Liga title or the champions league at the end of the season.
Xavi: Happy to renew my contract with #AlSadd, I’m working with the club’s management during the current period on a number of issues, including the renewal of Akram Afif’s contract, and signing foreign players to replace Gabi and Marco Fabianhttps://t.co/y5yUunEkzG pic.twitter.com/oamTseHo9Z
— AlSadd S.C | نادي السد (@AlsaddSC) July 5, 2020
Xavi Hernandez has committed himself and his immediate future to coach Al-said, with an official announcement posted on the club’s Twitter page.
“Xavi; Happy to renew my contract with #Alsadd, I’m committed to working with the club’s management during a current period on a number of issues, including the renewal of Akram Afif’s contract and signing of foreign players to replace Gabi and Marco Fabian.”