We take a look at sporting activities that have been affected by the spread of corona virus around the globe.
Sport across the world continued to be hit by coronavirus as the world health organizations declared the disease a Pandemic.
Players, officials, club owners, fans have tested positive for the bug. Notable cases include;
Olympiacos football club owner, Evangelos Marinakis.
Arsenal coach Mikel Arteta
Juventus defender Daniele Rugani Sampdoria striker Manolo Gabbiadini and Chelsea Winger Hudson-Odoi have all tested positive for the Virus.
Many other players and club officials are on self- Isolation.
- NBA basketball has been suspended
- The ATP Tennis tour has suspended all play for Six weeks due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
- The Australian Grand Prix schedule for this weekend has been called off.
- In Italy, Serie A has been put on hold till the 3rd of April, over 16 million people have been quarantined.
- Spanish top league matches have been suspended for 2 weeks.
- The second leg round of 16 clash between Manchester City and Real Madrid called off.
- So is the match between Juventus and Olympic Lyon as announced by UEFA.
- UEFA called for an emergency meeting for next week in which the possibility of postponing EURO 2020.
- Arsenal game against Brighton suspended.
- All Champions League and Europa League have been suspended as the coronavirus continues to impact European football.
- Premier League Suspended till April 4.
- French top-flight league Suspended.
- The Giro d’Italia, cycling’s first Grand Tour of the season which was due to start on May 9 in Budapest, has been suspended.
- All football activities in Scotland have been postponed until further notice, it was announced on Friday.
- The Masters have been postponed due to coronavirus
As of March 12, 2020, here are the statistics so far. 129,000 + cases, 4750 deaths globally, 100+ nation have cases nearly 7000 new cases reported in 24 hours.