Kevin De Bruyne has pledged to extend his playing days by two years at the end of his career to make up for the lost time during the coronavirus lockdown.
The English Premier League has been suspended till April 30, because of the Virus outbreak and most likely to be delayed longer than expected.
De Bruyne desires to extend his career after he enjoyed a superb season with the Citizens after he missed most of Man City’s treble campaign owing to injury.
I told my wife I’m going to play a little longer,” De Bruyne said in an Instagram Live video Q&A with Belgium team-mates Romelu Lukaku and Axel Witsel.
“After this lockdown, I cannot stay at home. I told her I’m going to take two years more.
“It’s time to play football again. I miss it and it’s difficult. But we are not important, football is not important. People love football, but you need to stay safe.”
De Bruyne also revealed his family, including his two children, had been ill during the virus lockdown, but he said they are better now.
“I’ve been at home now for two weeks,” he said.
“At the beginning, my family and my kids were a little bit sick so that was a little bit worrying but they are alright now.
“It took eight or nine days, we don’t know, but now they are better luckily as you never know what is going to happen.
“People ask why I’m not in Belgium. It’s because I’m self-isolating in England. I live here so I’m here with my kids and wife.”
The 28-year-old has scored nine goals and has twenty assists for Pep Guardiola side in the 2019/20 campaign in all competitions.