Portugal National team Coach Fernando Santos has reported that Cristiano Ronaldo is “doing fine” and has shown no symptoms despite testing positive for the Coronavirus.
Ronaldo was forced into self-isolation in his team hotel on Tuesday after his test for the COvid-19 came back positive, ruling him out of Portugal UEFA Nation league clash against Sweden.
The 35-year-old becomes the third Portuguese player to test positive in recent days, with Jose Fonte and Anthony Lopes receiving positive test results last week.
The Juventus Star mingled with his teammate during the past weeks. The rest of the squad have been cleared for the Wednesday match after they all tested negative.
Ronaldo was seen at the balcony of his team hotel dishing out instructions to his teammates and Santos says the former Manchester United forward is disappointed he will not play a part in the game.
“No team can be better without the best player in the world but this team has already demonstrated that collectively it has the capacity to tackle the situation,’ said Santos.
“He is managing the situation very well. He is in the room, saying he wants to play, he talks to us from upstairs [from his balcony].
“He is completely asymptomatic, he is okay, without any symptoms, he doesn’t even know what happened to him.”